We had a patient come in to the office last week who hadn't been in since before the pandemic started. She was hesitant, and quite frankly afraid, to make it in with everything going on but her pain got to a point where she just couldn't take it anymore. When she did come in though, she told me that she wished we had done a better job of letting our patients know about the steps we are going through to keep everyone safe. And if she had known what we were doing, she would have been in a lot sooner. I don't want to make that mistake again, so here is everything we are doing to keep our patients healthy and protected when they come in for treatment:
- All staff and all patients have their temperatures and symptoms checked each day they are in the office.
- All staff and all patients are now required by Delaware mandate to wear a face mask or covering when in the office. If you don't have one or if you forget, we've got plenty of extras to go around.
- Every other chair has been turned around to keep people separated.
- All surfaces are wiped before each adjustment, therapy, exercise, etc. There are Lysol bottles all around the office to facilitate this.
- Multiple bottles of hand sanitizer are available through the office.
- We are limiting the amount of people permitted in the office at one time.
So there you have it save one last thing, which I think is the most important that we are doing to keep people healthy, which is keeping them adjusted, pain free and functioning at the highest level! The health of your spine and the level of your pain directly impacts the function of your immune system. So if you want to stay healthy, act healthy! Get sunlight, fresh air, eat good food, exercise, and get adjusted!
But don't try to get adjusted this coming Monday because we are closed for Memorial Day. Every other day is good! So please everyone enjoy this holiday weekend, and call us if there is anything we can do for you!
Dr. Travis McKay