Athletics play a big part in the lives of many Americans. Sports participation is valued as a way to improve coordination, remain fit and healthy, and develop character traits like leadership, discipline, and work ethic. However, along with athletic performance comes the risk of injury or repetitive use of pain and discomfort.
Chiropractic care in Newark, DE can help teens and adults manage the pain and discomfort of both acute injuries and repetitive use injuries so they can get back in the game.
Benefits Of Chiropractic Care For Athletic Performance
- Prevent Injury. Regular chiropractic care can keep the body “tuned up”, so to speak, as part of a preventative health care program. By ensuring proper body alignment and mechanics, an athlete will be less prone to injury.
- Relieve Pain. The spine supports the entire body. It is connected to many different pain-sensitive tissues like nerves, discs, joints, muscles, and ligaments. A misalignment anywhere along the spine can put a strain on the body and cause pain in many different locations. Adjustments can correct these misalignments, which relieves the strain and reduces or even eliminates pain.
- Care for Acute Injuries. Chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate the pain of injuries and the strain that such injuries place on the body. Massage, stretching, and gentle adjustments all make the body feel better. Headaches, shoulder pain, knee, hip, and ankle pain may all be reduced with chiropractic care.
- Improve Performance. Routine chiropractic care can help athletes perform better by improving range of motion and flexibility, increasing blood flow, and removing discomforts caused by subluxations or misalignments. Routine visits also help relieve the strain that is placed on specific parts of the body.
- Drug-free Treatment. Chiropractic care is an all-natural, drug-free method of managing pain and correcting underlying problems that are causing pain and discomfort. Chiropractors address the root cause of the problem; they do not simply mask the symptoms by prescribing painkillers.
Visit Advanced Back & Neck Pain Center For Chiropractic For Athletic Care
If you or your child are plagued by nagging pain and discomfort or have recently been injured while playing sports or working out, schedule an appointment with Advanced Back & Neck Pain Center by calling 302-368-1300. We work with people of all ages to help them feel their best!